Listen Live on  
 

News Radio 610 WTVN

News, Traffic, & Weather - Columbus, OH
 
 

Woman rescued from burning home dies

 
Woman rescued from burning home dies
Posted Wednesday, March 26th 2014 @ 10am  by The Associated Press

ASHVILLE, Ohio — Authorities say a woman trapped in an upstairs bedroom by a house fire has died at a central Ohio hospital.

The Circleville Herald reports that 54-year-old Valerie Kay Gregg died Tuesday at a Columbus hospital after being pulled from the burning house in Ashville the previous day.

Harrison Township fire Chief Eric Edgington says Gregg was overcome by smoke after calling 911 and had to be resuscitated at the scene before being transported.

Investigators believe the fire was electrical and may have been sparked by an extension cord plugged into a heater outside of Gregg's bedroom.

Edgington said there were no working smoke detectors in the home.

Recommended Stories

More from News Radio 610 WTVN

*