Great to chat with David Bakke this morning... he had tips on how to make your own ice rink. Whether the CBJ drives the idea or you just need to get the kids out of the house to burn off some calories, here's what you need.
- Lumber or PVC pipe (for bracing)
- Plywood (for boards)
- White tarp or liner (any colored liners will attract the sun)
- Shovels (for clearing snow/maintaining your rink)
- Hot water (through a hose connected to pipes protected from freezing)
- Waterproof winter clothing (pants, boots, gloves)
- PVC piping, towel & hose adapter to make a "homeboni" ice resurfacer (optional)
And here's what it looks like
And what about the 'homeboni'? Here's one idea...
Happy skating... and if you get yours done, send me some pics or videos and I'll post 'em up!