Over a quarter of people think it's rude to ask for someone's WiFi password when you visit. But the most common house rules are taking your shoes off at the door . . . not getting your shoes on the sofa . . . and always flushing the toilet.
1. Take your shoes off at the door.
2. No shoes on the sofa.
3. Always flush the toilet. So the "let it mellow" rule doesn't apply if you're a guest.
4. Use a coaster.
5. No phones at the dinner table.
6. No swearing, especially if they have kids.
7. Put the toilet seat down.
8. Wash your hands before dinner, or they'll think you're gross.
9. Put on slippers and socks when you enter the house. (???)
10. Don't assume you can go anywhere in the house. Some rooms could be off limits, like a bedroom or bathroom.