Ohio State acting coach Ryan Day spoke this afternoon on the Big Ten teleconference.
- He described TCU as a "veteran group that's played in big games before." He praised their scheme and Gary Patterson's coaching.
- It sounds like the plan remains to get quarterback Tate Martell playing time. "He brings a different skill package to the table, and he's getting better."
- Quarterback Dwayne Haskins has really developed in terms of the way he studies the game and made huge strides in the weight room since last year.
- Also showing explosive growth is Jeffrey Okudah who has "really developed over the past year," according to Day, especially when it comes to technique and fundamentals. Day likes Okudah's aggression.
- Day keeps getting asked about TCU being a big game, and he keeps emphasizing that the stakes this week are no different for the Buckeyes: "We're at Ohio State. We're here to win every game. We have to win every game."