Ohio State football will be taking one last road trip during the regular season, and today Buckeye coach Urban Meyer previewed that upcoming game against Maryland.
- Meyer was very impressed with the effort on special teams by wide receiver Terry McLaurin. In fact, he said that he told McLaurin if he ever has another child, he'll name them "Terry."
- It was a very simple and direct answer when Meyer was asked if he's concerned by the inconsistency of Michael Jordan snapping the ball. "Yes," he said.
- Ohio State is the lowest ranked of the Power 5 teams, and Meyer understands why. "We're not playing great at times," he acknowledged.
- Maryland is "one of the more talented teams in the Big Ten," according to Meyer.
- A few Buckeye players said practices have improved lately as the coaching staff has encouraged them to celebrate more. Asked how he makes that happen, Meyer joked that he yells at them demanding they, "Have FUN." Later he added, "Believe it, or not, I'm a halfway fun guy."
- Saturday was one of the best days for the Ohio State linebacking corp this year.
- Although he didn't want to elaborate too much on the team's injury situation, Meyer did say Baron Browning is probable this week.
- Meyer does anticipate Tate Martell's role increasing.
- Asked about Zach Smith's Twitter rant, Drue Chrismann's snub when it comes to Big Ten Special Teams Player of the Week, and former Meyer assistant DJ Durkin's ouster at Maryland, Meyer provided the same answer: "Move on." (He did admit speaking to Durkin.)
- "Those are my peoples," Meyer said about the gunner's who provide punt coverage.
Ohio State plays Maryland this upcoming Saturday at noon.