It was the fourth practice day of their 2019 fall camp, and the football Buckeyes practiced in pads. Here's our photo gallery from when the Scarlet and Gray started to do some hitting.
And a few quick observations:
- The running backs worked quite a bit on blocking.
- Former Ohio State coach Urban Meyer was on hand to watch the guys work.
- There were also a number of scouts at practice. We spotted Washington, the Seahawks, Falcons, Ravens, 49ers, Chargers, Jaguars, Rams, and Browns. In addition, Eleven Warriors reports they saw the Bears and Chiefs present.
- Wide receiver Austin Mack and running back Master Teague appeared to be sitting out team drills with injuries. They were working out on the side.
- The first-team offensive line during the portion of practice we were able to see consisted of Thayer Munford (left tackle), Jonah Jackson (left guard), Josh Myers (center), Wyatt Davis (right guard) and Branden Bowen (right tackle). We should note this caveat: Head coach Ryan Day has said they are still figuring out personnel, so we shouldn't look too much into the early camp rotations.