COLUMBUS, Ohio (WTVN) -- The Columbus school board has narrowed the search for its next superintendent to a list of six names.
At a Tuesday meeting, the board passed a resolution accepting the recommendation from search firm BWP and Associates on six potential candidates for the job.
- -Terry Dade - Asst. Superintendent at Fairfax County Public Schools in Northern Virginia
- -Dr. Talisa Dixon -Superintendent at University Heights City School District
- -Scott Lyle Inskeep - Superintendent at Kettering City Schools
- -Ava Tasker-Mitchell - Asst. Superintendent at Prince George's County Public School System
- -Dr. John Strickland - Asst. Superintendent for Secondary Education at Kansas Public Schools.
- -Dr. John Stanford - Interim Superintendent for Columbus City Schools
Columbus City Schools is Ohio’s largest school district and has been without a permanent superintendent for almost a year.
The board hopes to have the new superintendent chosen by mid-October and on the job by next January.
(ABC6/FOX28 contributed to this story)