Autopsy Released for Ohio University Student who Died in Hazing Incident

ATHENS, Ohio (24-7 News)--The Athens County coroner is saying that a teenager who died at a fraternity on the campus of Ohio University was killed by asphyxiation from ingesting nitrous oxide commonly known as laughing gas.

The report released Wednesday could not pinpoint the exact amount of the gas in the blood of 18-year old Collin Wiant who died last November at an alleged hazing incident at the Sigma Pi Fraternity.

Ohio University ordered the fraternity and its members to close down following Wiant's death.

A criminal investigation is still underway while a civil lawsuit was filed last week by the deceased teen's family against OU and ten people who were at the frat house the night Wiant died.

(photo courtesy ABC-6)

Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content