COLUMBUS, Ohio (WTVN)--Grocery stores and shoppers across the state of Ohio are getting guidance from the state on how to safely conduct business during the coronavirus outbreak.
Ohio Lieutenant-Governor Jon Husted outlined the guidelines for shoppers on Thursday, including:
1. Keep space, keep at least 6 feet between you and the person near you
2. Shop patiently, watch and wait until other people are done in the aisle so you can keep the proper distance from others
3. Limit and consolidate shopping trips
4. Shop alone when possible
5. If you don't feel well, stay at home, have a neighbor or family member get your things for you and leave it on your front step.
6. Wash and sanitize your hands before you come to the store and after you are done shopping, also don't touch your face or mouth while shopping then touch items on the store shelves that you don't intend to buy. Also if you can were gloves and a face covering of some kind
7. Shop online, use curbside pick up or home delivery.
Many stores have also installed Plexiglas at cash registers and set up markings to delineate proper social distancing at the cash registers.
(photo courtesy Getty Images)