CHICAGO, Illinois (WTVN)--Maybe the 3rd time is the charm?
The Big Ten Conference released the latest version of the 2020 football schedule on Saturday, following the unanimous decision on Wednesday by the conference Presidents and Chancellors to resume the season the weekend of October 24th.
The conference originally voted on August 11th to postpone the 2020 season, by an 11-3 vote. Ohio State's President was joined by the Presidents of Iowa and Nebraska in opposition.
That move negated a 2nd version of the Big Ten Football schedule, which would have started Labor Day weekend. In that version, the Buckeyes would have opened up against Illinois on Thursday, September 3rd.
Instead, here is Ohio State's new 2020 football schedule:
- October 24th--vs. Nebraska
- October 31st--at Penn State
- November 7th--vs. Rutgers
- November 14th--at Maryland
- November 21st--vs. Indiana
- November 28th--at Illinois
- December 5th--at Michigan State
- December 12th--vs. Michigan
- December 19th--B1G Championship Game