CIRCLEVILLE, Ohio (WTVN)--The parents of a child who died after ingesting fentanyl in Circleville are now in custody, charged with involuntary manslaughter.
Police were called to a local hospital on Sunday, with the one-year-old child sick, and later dying. The child's three-year-old sibling was also sick and in the hospital, but later was released to other family members.
Investigators say both children ingested fentanyl at the family's apartment. 25-year-old Nicholas Lee and 26-year-old Brianna Roush were taken into custody, following a search of their residence, which uncovered multiple items containing fentanyl.
Police say the parents also admitted to selling and using narcotics. They are charged with involuntary manslaughter, attempted involuntary manslaughter, child endangering, trafficking in fentanyl, and possession of fentanyl.